Q: When is training information released?
A: We release training information – dates and RSVPS – in April. Your training dates are also listed in your offer letter.
Q: When are the training days?
A: Each role and site has specific training to do before camp starts. Training information is released in April so all staff can plan for evening and/or weekend sessions. Training is mandatory to be onsite and working.
- Role-specific training is shared via Bridge, our online training platform. For Leadership team members, there are also virtual live trainings.
- All-team training is a live webinar held virtually in early June.
- Site-specific training is called “Day in the Life” and typically is scheduled for the Sunday before the first day of camp.
Q: What training sessions do I need to attend?
A: All training dates are required! Trainings must be attended even if you are not scheduled to work the first week of camp.
Q: The training says “Virtual.” When do I get access to the link and password?
A: We will send out the links and passwords by email in advance of the trainings. Be sure to check your inbox and spam folders!
Q: What do I wear & what do I need to bring?
A: For virtual trainings, please dress in comfortable clothes and sit somewhere you can interact and focus.
For in-person trainings, we will provide more information regarding specifics via email closer to the day of the event. This will include: what to wear, specific arrival times, parking instructions, directions, whether food is provided, how to prepare, and what to bring.
Q: When do I need to arrive? Where do I go?
A: For all of our in-person training events, parking is within walking distance of the training location and is located onsite. Please plan your commute to the training location accordingly, whether that means taking public transportation, carpooling or coordinating a ride.
Q: What happens if I can’t attend an in-person training?
A: All training dates are required even if you are not scheduled to work the first week of camp. If you are unable to attend any of the training dates, this may impact your training stipend and/or your proposed start date with Headfirst. Please communicate any conflicts as soon as possible with your designated points of contact:
- Leadership team members (Directors, Program Leaders, Coordinators): Reach out to your Headfirst HQ contact. You should have received their information in an email.
- If you are not sure who to contact, please submit your question to the Talent Helpline here
- Group team members (Coaches, Counselors, Instructors): please submit your question to the Talent Helpline here