All newly hired or rehired team members are required to complete a background check authorization and a self-disclosure form as a part of pre-employment onboarding. All offers of employment are contingent upon the satisfactory outcome of this background investigation, and team members must successfully complete these requirements before starting work.
Please note: Depending on your work location’s jurisdiction, there may be additional tasks related to background checking, like submitting fingerprints.
Background Check Authorization
- An important component of your pre-employment onboarding is the completion of a background check authorization. To ensure the accuracy and security of our checks, we partner with a trusted pre-employment screening service provider.
- The background check authorization will be emailed to you at the same time you receive the email on accessing the onboarding portal (where the other paperwork lives).
- Your completed and authorized background check must be processed and cleared by our HR team before you are approved to go to site. Processing time varies by jurisdiction and additional time can be needed if a result is returned that requires further investigation or individual evaluation, so it is very important to authorize the check as quickly as possible.
- In addition to your background check authorization, you will be required to complete a Self-Disclosure Form as part of your onboarding tasks. As with the background check authorization, it is important that you complete the Self-Disclosure form promptly, as any affirmative responses (or discrepancies between the background check results and your responses) can require further investigation or individual evaluation.
Confidentiality & Use of Background Investigation Information
- The information obtained through the background check and self-disclosure process will be treated confidentially and used only for purposes of determining suitability to work in the role for which you have been hired in accordance with Headfirst’s Background Investigation & Fitness to Work policy. This policy is available by contacting the Human Resources Department.
- If the background investigation results or the answers provided on the Self-Disclosure Form require further discussion, a designated HR representative will contact you directly as soon as possible